Garrisonville Elementary School
100 Wood Drive, Stafford, Virginia 22556
(540) 658-6260 - (540) 658-6255 Fax
Alexis M. White, Principal
Bamba Scott, Assistant Principal
UPCOMING EVENTS & IMPORTANT DATES
March 11th & 13th - 5th Grade Writing SOL Tests
Wednesday, March 12th at 6:30 pm - Parent Book Study
Friday, March 14th at 7 pm at BPHS - DARE Basketball Game
Week of March 17th - GATOR WEEK!
Tuesday, March 18th - Chick-fil-a PTO Spirit Night
Friday, March 21st - Family Movie Night (Wizard of Oz)
Tuesday, April 1st - Spring Picture Day
Saturday, April 5th from 11 am - 4pm at MVHS - SCPS History Fair (4th Graders perform at 11 am)
Tuesday, April 8th from 4 - 7:45 pm - Parent Conferences
News from Nurse Neesen
The Virginia Department of Health (VDH) has informed us that Influenza activity (The Flu) is now widespread in Virginia. Since mid-December there has been a steady increase in visits for flu-like illness to emergency departments and urgent care centers in all regions of the state. Visits have increased among all age groups, but most notably among children and younger adults.
VDH has significant influenza guidance available at: http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/epidemiology/flu/
Parents, children, and staff are encouraged to take the following everyday preventive actions:
· Stay home when you are sick. Stay home from work, school, and errands when you are sick. You will help prevent others from catching your illness. Avoid close contact with people who are sick. (Students need to stay home from school until their temperature has been below 100° for at least 24 hours without fever reducing medication, they are back to eating a “normal” diet, and they feeling well enough to sit in class all day & participate in classroom activities.)
· Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue away after use and wash your hands. If a tissue is not available, cover your mouth and nose with your sleeve, not your hand.
· Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth. Germs spread this way.
· Clean and disinfect surfaces or objects. Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces at home, work or school, especially when someone is ill.
You are invited to share with us in making Garrisonville Elementary School a place where we work hard, laugh often and enjoy the satisfaction of a job well done. Let's remember to demonstrate our G.A.T.O.R. spirit...
G- Going the extra mile
A- Always encouraging
T- Totally cooperative
O- Outstanding attitude
R- Respectful and responsible
Please remember to call if your child is going to be tardy or absent. All students who are absent will need to have a note upon returning school, even if the parents called. Please call the office staff if you have any questions or concerns.
Questions or Comments? 540-658-6260 or 540-658-6255 (fax).
540-658-6260 or 540-658-6255 (fax).
Last Updated: 03/11/2014